Delicious cocoa, nut and seed coconut balls
November 29, 2020
These little power packed snack contains nuts and seeds that are filled with Omega 3 fatty acids. They are filled with many of the good fats that are important for brain and heart health. I often get asked, how can I include more nuts and seeds into my diet? This recipe is a nice way to include more fibre, nuts and seeds into the diet this festive season.
This recipe makes approximately 30 little coconut balls and will take you approximately 20 minutes to prepare. They are full of fibre and are ideal for that that 3pm energy slump. They will have you powering through the afternoon. Two to three pieces of these little super ball snacks is all you need as a serving. What is great about this recipe is that you can change the types of nuts and seeds to suit your own individual preferences.
1 cup almonds
1 cup walnuts
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup sesame seeds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup pitted medjool dates (soaked in warm water)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of orange juice
Extra desiccated coconut
- Place almonds, walnuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and pulse to a fine meal flour.
- Add the coconut, sesame seeds, chia seeds, cocoa powder and salt.
- Strain the dates and puree with orange juice to form a smooth paste.
- Add the paste to the dry ingredients.
- Pour the extra coconut onto a shallow bowl.
- Shape mixture into balls and then roll into the coconut.
- The little super balls can be frozen or stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a month.